Wednesday, July 11, 2012

4th of July Weekend New Jersey Photos

I flew to New Jersey July 4th to see my grandpa who was diagnosed with a brain tumor. I wasn't too keen on flying at all during the pregnancy, but he most likely only has a few more months and I was very glad I got to go and see him. 

I flew from Ft. Myers to Newark, and in both airports they use the new "full body" scanners. After researching the pro's and con's I decided that I would NOT be going through. In Ft. Myers I requested a pat down, and the TSA was very accommodating. I did not feel that it was invasive in any way. I realize many people have had negative experiences with the airport security, so I feel fortunate in this regard. When we went through security in Newark they had the option of the full body scan, or simply walking through a metal detector, so I chose the latter.

To save money I opted not to check a bag (additional $50 with United), and for the first time in my life got everything into a carry on. It helps that most of what I'm wearing at this point is sundresses.

Here are some photo's from my trip....












No comments:

Post a Comment